Friday, February 1, 2019

January 2019 Dividend Income

Here we are once again. I am rapid firing these posts. That will probably slow down soon, but for now, I wanted to get a jump on 2019, and post my first round of dividends. So without further ado, here are my January 2019 dividends.

So for starters, I will mention (and I should update my portfolio page), I do not include my retirement or Roth IRA account dividends here (at least for now). That may change soon, but for now, I am just disclosing what my personal decisions have done for me.

The big one this month is my direct investment (usually tends to be). I hold a small stake in Cisco for my direct investments, and it payed out $19.84 in January for dividends. That's a good base to start on.

From there, my smaller investments take over, and combined, they pump my dividends up another $18.13, for a total of $37.97 That's $37.97 payed in January 2019, a year over year increase of 110.48% for January. This is a good start.

I will give a small heads up, my March this year will be hurting in YoY, as last year, I had to sell a few stocks to payoff some student loans, but I think that will help in the long run. But for now, I will go ahead and put my usual info below. Please take a peak, and let me know what you think of my January dividends. And as always, Keep pushing forward!

-New2Dividends

CSCO $19.84
PSEC $1.26
GLAD $0.42
HRZN $0.20
ORC $1.04
AGNC $0.54
O      $0.22
MFA $0.80
ETJ   $0.99
BSJQ $1.27
SOHO $1.25
HPE $0.11
GOOD $0.13
STX $0.63
GE    $0.01
MAIN $0.20
GAIN $0.14
GNL $0.18
HIHO $0.15
GMRE $2.00
MPW $0.25
PPL  $0.41
TWO $1.41
KCAP $1.20
BKCC $0.54
ACRE $0.31
AINV $0.45
DOC $0.46
UNIT $0.60
KBWD $0.44
LTC  $0.38
SDIV $0.14

3 comments:

  1. A lot of interesting names paying you for the month. Not too many traditional dividend growth stocks. Don't fall into the trap of focusing too much on high yield plays. A general rule to follow is that the higher the yield to more risky a stock is. Still, nice ob collecting that passive income. Keep the growth going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith,

      Thank you for the comment. I am learning as I continue to invest, and I appreciate the comments. My portfolio right now is very heavy in monthly dividend, risky REITs. The good is that they are relatively cheap, so if they drop, I am not hurting too much. My first goal is to have $1 div income from all stocks in my portfolio. Then, as I continue to invest, I want to follow more of the DI community in moving to safer, more reliable stocks. I have seen DivHut on the blogroll over at Dividend Diplomats, and have checked in a few times. I have to admit, I have a long way to go to catch up to all you guys! Keep pushing forward, and thanks again for the comment. Here's to a great 2019!
      -New2Dividends

      Delete
  2. Nice dividend and good job. I will echo what Keith said dont chase the high yield a few of them are ok if they are solid companies but DGI is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

July 2nd Dividend Update

Hello all, and welcome back to another great month of dividend investing. In another round of huge moments for me, I made a new record high ...