Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Purchases and made since December 31, 2018

So, I said I wanted to post on my increases and purchases, and here we are. I wanted to share what I have done recently to increase my dividends going forward. So starting December 31, 2018, I made a few purchases to that end. To start out, I made a few what I would call riskier investments.

I purchased 10 shares of ETJ for about $8.46 per share, for a total of $84.59. This worked to increase my forward dividend $9.20.

Next was another risky investment. I purchased 8 shares of GLAD for $8.54 per share, for a total of $68.32. This increased my forward dividend by $6.72.

Following that on my list were 7 shares of AGNC for $17.99 per share, for a total of $125.93. But this purchase did help increase my forward dividend by $15.12.

More risky shares to follow, with 2 shares of TWO for $26.04 ($13.02 a share), 1 share of GAIN for $9.49 and 10 BSJQ shares for $235.28. These increased my FD by $3.76, $.72 and $18 respectively.

I did have some stable stocks purchased. I bought 1 share of O this month for $64.74 to increase FD by $2.65.

I also bought a share of AEP for $73.80 and 2 shares of ABBV for 180.07. These worked to increase my FD by $2.68 and $8.56 respectively.

Overall, I made $868.26 worth of purchases (which is extremely high for me, and not likely to happen again for a while) to increase my forward dividend by $67.42. This is huge for me. As noted, I do have some risky investments here. REITs are a base for me right now, as they pay monthly and have a nice dividend. But the risk involved could come back to bite me. REITs could reduce very quickly. It is why I try to find balanced stocks to pair with high risk stocks. As time goes forward, those balanced stocks will overtake my REITs, reducing my overall risk.

I am still working on what I mentioned before, trying to buy less stock that is new to my portfolio, and trying to get my current positions to pay $1 per month (when dividends are paid) or 10 shares per stock. Once all my stocks do that, I will move on to purchasing new positions. I think Dominion or AEP are going to be my next goals. I also have something to work on in the near future, but I will post on that once that task is complete. Sorry if this post is jumpy. I am typing in between being really busy.

Keep pushing forward!

-New2Dividends

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2nd Dividend Update

Hello all, and welcome back to another great month of dividend investing. In another round of huge moments for me, I made a new record high ...